Millions of people all around the globe share the same agony about needles. They’re one of the worst things to conquer now and then. However, fear and hate them all your might, but you’ll definitely see injections a couple of times in your life whenever you’ll undergo medical examinations. Dental procedures are no exception to the problem. Taking care of the teeth is much more than brushing and flossing all the time, there will be some instances where you’ll need to undergo dental procedures and needles are always present as the primary step in every operation. However, there’s no need to fear needles when you visit No Gaps Dental’s clinic in Chatswood as they are are trained and skilled to handle patients with dental anxiety. In the meantine, you can try out these fear of needles cure prior to your dental visit.
Here are the 5 fear of needles cure for patients with dental anxiety;
1. Prepare yourself – accept that needles will always be a part of any minor or major medical procedures. You can never run away from it so might as well prepare and face your fear. Breathe deeply, relax your muscles and just think that there are many things in life that is much more painful than a shot of an injection.
2. Try diverting your attention during the procedure – Doing something to divert the attention can help reduce anxiety. Bringing a stress ball during the dental procedure or listening to your favorite song will make you relax and feel a little better.
3. Inquire for sedation dentistry – if your anxiety gets out of hand, try asking for a dental sedation where you will be put to sleep during the dental procedure. The dental sedation varies from light to deep sedation depending on the types of treatment.
4. Laser dentistry – there are many procedures that can be done using the Laser dentistry such as removal of tooth decay, gum disease, lesion removal and teeth whitening. The Laser dentistry can make the dental procedure painless and needle-free.
5. Bringing someone to support you – there is nothing more nerve wrecking than going to the dentist alone, bringing someone to assist you before and after undergoing such treatments can make you feel at ease.
Visiting dental clinics became a norm for most people. Finding the fear of needles cure that works best for you will help you overcome the anxiety you’re facing in the long run.